As a parent, you prioritize helping your kids grow up to be healthy adults. In the same way you encourage them to brush their teeth, eat their vegetables, and do their homework, you should also encourage your kids to be financially healthy. You teach your children their ABCs and 123s, as a basis for learning to read, write, and count. These basics help prepare your children for school and continued education. Just like their ABCs and 123s, the best way to get started in teaching them about finances is teaching them about the basics.
One of the most essential components of money management is a savings account. It gives you the ability to keep your money safe while being able to give it time to grow by earning dividends. Establishing a savings account for your child or children helps start a conversation, leading to learning about healthy financial habits.
ēCO prioritizes financial education and saving for all generations, and we feel it’s never too early to start! Our youth accounts are designed to help kids and teens save.
Currently, ēCO offers the Kirby Kangaroo Account designed for kids from birth to twelve years old. The account offers competitive dividends, while teaching kids the importance of saving for the future.
The Claim Your Youth Account is designed for teens from thirteen years old to eighteen years old. It meets the growing needs of teenagers.
Both accounts feature a 2% bonus interest rate on the first $1,000 in the account AND an education incentive when kids and teens bring in all A & B report cards.
Although our youth accounts are already great, we think it is time for an upgrade to make them even better, but WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The kid and teen accounts are getting a full makeover and need new names! This is where you come in! Get those thinking caps on, start turning those creative wheels in your head, and submit your account name suggestions below!
If your name suggestion is picked to be the new name of either the kid or teen account at ēCO, we will give you $100!
We will start accepting name suggestions through the online form below or through a written form available in ēCO branches on August 3, 2020, until August 31, 2020. Once the contest is closed on August 31, we will review all of the submissions and pick winners on September 1, 2020.
Please find a complete list of the rules for the Account Naming Contest below.
Don’t worry if your child already has a kid or teen account, their benefits aren’t going anywhere! We are working on providing an improved account, with even more perks than before!
What are you waiting for?
What: ēCO Credit Union is holding a contest to find a new name for the Kid and Teen Accounts.
How to Enter:
1. Provide your first and last name and identify which account, Kid or Teen, your name suggestion is for in the online form below. Written forms are available in ēCO branches and may be filled out with the same information and turned in to the branches in person.
2. Submit your online or written entry by August 31 at 11:59 pm.
1. The contest is open to all members of ēCO Credit Union.
2. There is no limit on the number of suggestions allowed by an individual.
Judging & Selection of Winners:
1. All submissions will be reviewed by a committee of ēCO employees to determine a winner or multiple winners.
2. The winners of the contest will be awarded $100 each for their entry being selected as the winning submission.
3. If both winning submissions were provided by one individual, the winning individual will receive the prize of $100 for each account name winning entry for a total of $200.
4. ēCO Credit Union reserves the right to not select a winner or winners, if in its discretion no suitable entries are submitted.
5. The winning submission becomes the property of ēCO Credit Union.
6. Accepting the $100 prizes constitutes permission for ēCO Credit Union to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name(s) for publicity purposes.