At ēCO Credit Union, we want to help members in every stage of life. We feel it’s never too early to start saving and learning about money management.
We’ve offered great kid and teen accounts for a number of years, but we felt it was time for a name upgrade. We allowed our members to submit name ideas. After receiving a lot of great submissions, we are excited to announce the new name of our youth accounts. ēCO member, Renita, submitted the winning name and received the $100 prize.
Now, what you’ve been waiting for… the new name! Our kid and teen accounts will be combined under one super, awesome name—Saving Stars! We can’t wait to grow with our super savers.
Don’t worry, the account will still feature the benefits you’ve grown to know and love. Plus, we’ve added a few extra perks.
Here’s what our super savers will receive:
- Education Incentive- $5 for all A/B report cards each 9 weeks
- 2% interest on the first $1,000 in the Saving Stars Account*
- $10 Coupon for Birmingham Zoo Membership
- .25% discount on auto loans at age 16**
- Access to other products and services as they get older
- Opportunity to apply for the Checking Stars Account when their parent or guardian thinks they’re ready
The Birmingham Zoo Membership coupon can be picked up at any ēCO Credit Union branch. We’ll also have activity books available for our super savers.
We hope you’ll join us in celebrating or new Saving Stars Account! We can’t wait to see our youth members learn good financial habits and reach for the stars!